This policy aims to explain how Orthofix Medical Inc. in its quality of data controller (the “Controller” or the “Company”), collects and processes personal data through cookies and other tracking technologies on this website m6disc.global (the “Website”) and to provide information as to the choices that any user of the Website (the “User”) can make in terms of controlling what cookies are installed when he/she accesses and browses the Website.
The information gathered by means of cookies and other tracking technologies constitute data that, in certain cases, may allow the Company to identify the Users by associating such data with other information kept by third parties (such as, for example, the IP address, DNS and registration numbers of the computers used by people connecting to the Website). These data are processed for different purposes, including statistical purposes in order to provide Users with an increasingly better service that meets their needs.
2. WHAT IS A COOKIE
A cookie is a small file, typically made up of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses a website. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
There are various types of cookies, depending on their characteristics and use. While some cookies and tracking technologies are strictly necessary to browse a website (for example, cookies that store the user’s preferences or cookies that keep the user account logged in), others may only be installed with the user’s consent.
2.1 DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIE
Depending on their owner, cookies can be classified as first or third-party cookies. Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the website or domain setting the cookie. First party cookies are cookies set by the publisher, i.e. by the website visited by the user, in the case at stake cookies set by m6disc.global. Third party cookies are cookies set by a website or domain other than the one being visited by the user, in the case at stake cookies which are set by websites other than m6disc.global. Third-party cookies are installed due to the fact that a website may have certain elements (images, sounds, specific links to websites located in another domain, etc.) that install cookies that reside on a different server. The data collected by these third parties are governed by their specific privacy policies, their terms and conditions or their cookie policies, over which the Company has no control.
Third party cookies are used on the Website.
Moreover, depending on their duration, cookies can be classified as session or persistent cookies. Session cookies expire at the end of a browsing session (from when a user opens the browser window to when he/she exits the browser), whereas permanent cookies are not deleted after the user closes the browser but are stored on the user’s device in between browsing sessions until a predefined expiry date or until they are deleted.
Finally, depending on their purpose, cookies can be classified as:
- Technical cookies
Technical cookies are necessary for the website to work properly and to improve the user’s browsing experience. Technical cookies include:
- session cookies, which allow the websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session and are necessary for the website to work properly. They may be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping basket as they browse on a website. They could also be used for security when a user is accessing internet banking or to facilitate use of webmail. They are so named because they expire at the end of a browsing session;
- persistent cookies, which improve the browsing experience and, depending on their purpose, may be distinguished between: (i) functional cookies, which are used for storing users’ preferences and choices, such as language, when using a website, without storing unnecessary information beyond those needed to ensure the correct functioning and/or enjoyment of the website, and (ii) analytical cookies not allowing to directly identify data subjects by means of appropriate de-identification measures, and provided that the data is not interconnected with other information. Such cookies are used to collect aggregate data on the number of visitors of a website and how they interact with it.
Technical cookies do not need the user’s consent to be installed.
Technical cookies are used on the Website. You can disable them, but in that case, you will not be able to use all of the Website’s features.
- Analytical cookies
Analytical cookies may be used to assess the effectiveness of an information society service provided by a publisher, to evaluate and improve the design of a website or to help measure its traffic. In other words, analytical cookies may be used to track the traffic and performance of a website, by collecting aggregate data on the number of users and how they interact with the website to improve its services.
For example, analytical cookies may collect information about how users access a website, including the number of visitors, possibly grouped by geographical area, time slot, how long users stay on the website for, what parts of the website they visit or other characteristics, the number of pages visited or the number of users who viewed a particular section.
Analytical cookies are used on the Website, but they need your explicit consent. However, please consider that if analytical cookies are properly anonymized, they can be installed without your previous explicit consent.
- Profiling cookies
Profiling cookies are designed to track users’ online behaviour and create user profiles in order to send marketing notices in line with the preferences expressed by users while surfing the web. The user’s consent is required to install these cookies.
Profiling cookies are not used on this Website.
3. COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
As specified above, the Company uses technical and analytical cookies. In more detail, the following table describes the cookies used on the Website: https://www.m6disc.global/
Third Party Cookies
|At least one session
|Cookie used by the cookie banner generated by the Iu-benda service, for memorizing the cookie preferences of site users as required by the ePrivacy Directive, the GDPR, the CCPA and the LGPD. Compatible with the IAB framework. https://www.iubenda.com/privacy-policy/775731/cookie-policy?an=no&s_ck=false&newmarkup=yes
|This cookie creates statistics on how users use the website. This cookie is a persistent cookie and lasts 2 years.
|Expiration period: 1 year.
4. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
Users can change their cookie settings at any time through their browsers. Each browser and device is different, so it is necessary to check the settings menu of each browser or device to see how to change cookie settings and preferences (e.g. cookies may be disabled by following the instructions provided by the browser, which are usually located within the “Help,” “Preferences” or “Settings” menus). In case the User wishes to delete any cookies that are already on his/her device, reference should be made to the help, support, history or tools area on the Internet browser for instructions on how to do so.
Information on how to manage cookie settings on some browsers is available at the following links:
Please be aware that choosing to remove or reject cookies, or limiting the use of other similar tracking technologies, could affect the access to the Website or its functionalities. To find out more about cookies, please see http://www.youronlinechoices.eu or https://www.allaboutcookies.org/, both of which contain further information about cookies, how they work and the choices that can be made by the User.
5. DATA SUBJECTS’ RIGHTS
The User can at any time exercise his/her rights, including:
- accessing his/her personal data;
- having incorrect personal data referred to him/her rectified without delay;
- having his/her data erased in the cases provided for by the law;
- obtaining restrictions to processing, where possible;
- requesting portability of the data provided to the Controller, receiving them in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, also for transmitting such data to another controller, without any hindrance by the Company, in all situations where it is required by the law in force;
- lodge a complaint to the competent Supervisory Authority.
To exercise these rights, or for any further information and/or clarifications about cookies installed on this Website, please write to [email protected]
6. POLICY UPDATING
Below is highlighted the date when the last version of this policy has been uploaded.
Last Update: February 2024